Reid and Nikki share their story and Biblical principles for relationships.
Five Guidelines Healthy for Dating
1. The point of dating is marriage - are you ready to get married? If not, maybe avoid dating for a while.
2. The bible calls us to community - dating in isolation can be dangerous
(Hebrews 10:24-25, Proverbs 18:1)
3. Be clear about your attentions - both the guy and the girl
Genesis 3:6 - warns against male passivity.
Genesis 3:16 - warns against desires for control and manipulation
4. How to pace a relationship
The emotional, spiritual and physical parts of the relationship should all slowly grow equally.
But the bible clearly warns about saving sex for marriage, fight to live in community and in the light with the physical parts of dating.
5. Both of you must have an understanding of the Gospel